Upbeat, insightful and empowering fresh point-of-view.
- What are the right things to say and do in a relationship and in moments of sexual intimacy?
- How do I talk to my kids about boundaries and sexual decision-making?
- How do I intervene when a see a dangerous situation being setup involving alcohol and sex?
- How can I help my friend who was sexually assaulted?
- How do I create a culture of consent and respect for myself and those I care about?
- How do I share these solutions with others in community?
There are so many questions about relationships, sexual intimacy, consent, bystander intervention, supporting survivors, and creating cultural transformation that it can feel overwhelming for many people and communities. Confusion is widespread across the world in middle schools, high schools, college campuses, the military, throughout society and in the everyday news.
Along with our Founder, Mike Domitrz (inspired by the personal story of his sister), we started The DATE SAFE Project to help provide specific answers that will make it easier for each person take action that immediately can help make a positive impact in their life and in the lives of others. It’s all about showing respect, talking, intervening when needed, and caring about each other as human beings.
“That’s easy, but I never looked at it that way before.”
In a world where people are constantly being told “What Not To Do,” The DATE SAFE Project believes the best approach is to give people positive how-to skills and helpful insights for addressing verbal consent (asking first), respecting boundaries, sexual decision-making, bystander intervention, and supporting survivors (opening the door for family and friends). We think you will see that our answer is quite straightforward. And you will see your world differently and be inspired to take a pledge of responsibility and take action. Talk first, ask first, respect the answer – see beyond the misguided sexual behavior and beliefs considered normal behavior.
Additional responsibilities of the organization include:
- Creating original educational programs and materials (books, videos, curriculum, posters, clothes, etc…).
- Hosting LIVE multi-day training events for caring individuals to present interactive and effective programming in their local communities.
- An Online Training Center packed with on-demand videos for teaching the skill sets we share with the world at our live events.
- Providing links to needed resources.
- Teaching the importance of all genders working jointly to make an impact!
- Responding quickly to national news stories; media programs; and societal trends concerning consent, bystander intervention and sexual assault awareness. By providing leading experts, we give the media a new and thought-provoking voice. If you are with a media entity, you can learn more by clicking here.
- Publishing press releases and “Letters to the Editor” to expose inaccuracies / injustices and in highlighting positive cultural examples.
- Building a worldwide movement by inspiring everyone to LIVE THE MOVEMENT.
- and much, much more.
Building a culture of respect & consent.
Our goal is to help teach safer understandings of relationships and sexual intimacy to all ages; how to insure all intimacy is consensual – while also being passionate and romantic; how sexual assault is defined; and how to support survivors of sexual assault/rape. We want everyone to understand what consent means … the positives of talking first before anything happens and of asking first before anything goes anywhere. Always respecting the answer. This mutual understanding leads to AMAZING relationships.
As you continue to visit our website, we invite you to participate. Take the pledge and share your ideas, stories and feedback with us. Join our mission to make a positive impact for all genders around the world and subscribe to Mike’s show; The Everyday Mindfulness Show. Join our mission to make a positive impact for all genders around the world.